- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (Southeast Asian chile sauce)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- 1 to 1 1/4 pound flank steak
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Accompaniments: white rice; soft leaf lettuce
Stir together soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, Sriracha, sugar, and sesame oil.
Prepare a gas grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-high heat.
Oil grill rack, then grill steak, covered, turning over once, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare.
Transfer steak to a cutting board and drizzle with 2 tablespoons sauce, then let stand, uncovered, 5 minutes. Thinly slice steak across the grain. Serve with remaining sauce, scallions, and sesame seeds.
2. Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, oil, peanut butter, water, honey, chili garlic sauce and pepper. Microwave for 20 seconds, then stir until smooth. Add into the skillet and stir to combine.
3 Add green onions and water chestnuts into the skillet then cook for 1-2 minutes until the onions are soft and the water chestnuts are heated through.
4. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, and serve with cold lettuce leaves.
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 1/2 tablespoons oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 drops soy sauce (I used about 1 tbsp)
3 drops sesame oil (I used about 1 tsp)
8 ounces cooked lean boneless pork or 8 ounces chicken (I used left over turkey - about a cup) chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped carrot (very small)
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
4 cups cold cooked rice, grains separated
4 green onions, chopped
2 cups bean sprouts
2 tablespoons light soy sauce (add more if you like)
1 Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown color, about 8-10 minutes; remove from wok.
2 Allow wok to cool slightly.
3 Mix egg with 3 drops of soy and 3 drops of sesame oil; set aside.
4 Add 1/2 tbsp oil to wok, swirling to coat surfaces; add egg mixture; working quickly, swirl egg until egg sets against wok; when egg puffs, flip egg and cook other side briefly; remove from wok, and chop into small pieces.
5 Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add selected meat to wok, along with carrots, peas, and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
6 Add rice, green onions, and bean sprouts, tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
7 Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve.
8 Set out additional soy sauce on the table, if desired.
Labels: side dishes
- ▼ 2013 (8)